Discover the many exciting opportunities available to you at Peterson Companies, an industry leader and an equal opportunity employer.
A Culture That Feels Like Family
Collaborative. Respectful. Supportive. Dynamic. For over the past 50 years, Peterson Companies has created an environment where individuals experience tremendous opportunities to do their best work. It’s no wonder people work with us for the better part of their careers. Peterson Companies fuels employees’ passion to excel, and provides a clear path to success.
Working at Peterson Companies, you enjoy a variety of benefits and incentives designed to address the practical needs of you and your family. As an essential part of your full compensation package, these benefits are focused on what matters most to you. Along with the standard benefits you find at most companies, we offer more.
- Company Paid Holiday Break (Peterson Companies closes for the period after Christmas Day until New Year’s Day)
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Access to Corporate Fitness Center
- Annual Employee Awards
- Corporate Events & Parties
- Ticket Raffles to Sporting & Entertainment Events
Because of the volume of resumes we receive, we are not able to confirm receipt or give updates on the hiring process. Please continue to check this website for updates. Once the position is filled, it will be removed from this website.
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with the day to day operation and management of assigned properties, to include preparing budgets, implementing the annual operating plan and supervising vendors and project work. In addition, the APM will be responsible for invoice processing, memo’s and verbal communications with tenants, and various office support activities required to provide first class property management services to all visitors, tenants and ownership.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, business or similar field. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- 1-3 years commercial property management experience.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess or be willing to seek and obtain a Top Secret security clearance, including full scope polygraph.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat. Strong Excel skills are a must.
Typical Duties (this list is not intended to be all inclusive):
- Manage the day to day quality control of assigned properties and conduct routine site inspections. Responsible for maintaining the physical and aesthetic appearance of the properties and associations. Note deficiencies, suggest and implement solutions.
- Inspect the performance of all contracted services; to include communication with hired contractors, review of procedures and ensure work is being performed up to standards.
- Periodical bidding of contracted services to ensure standards, pricing and best practices within industry are always attained.
- Processing invoices and creating purchase orders in Nexus Payables.
- Develop and maintain relationships with tenants and clients. Resolve matters when applicable and inform senior management when items or issues warrant further involvement.
- Assist with collection of tenant project work.
- Assist in planning, preparing and implementing operating budgets for properties and associations.
- Assist in identifying and planning for long term financial goals and objectives.
- Assist in the coordination of tenant build-out and move-ins.
- Assist with others as required on special projects, RFP’s and special events.
- Attend department meetings as needed and report on the status of any problems or projects at assigned properties.
- Attend and participate in identified industry, community and governmental boards, organizations and meetings.
- Assume other responsibilities and duties as may be required.
Peterson Companies is currently seeking an energetic, motivated individual with five to seven years’ retail leasing experience in both traditional and non-traditional open air centers. This person will work on National Harbor as well as other lifestyle/mixed use centers in the portfolio and must have experience finding and opening unique retail and food venues. This person will work collaboratively within the Retail Leasing team and with members of the Development, Asset Management, Legal, and Tenant Coordination groups.
The Retail Leasing Representative’s core duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Develop an in-depth working knowledge of all assigned properties while understanding the goals and objectives of each and implementing the associated leasing guidelines
- Respond promptly to leasing inquiries, obtain information related to prospective tenants, proactively canvass for new tenants, and apply consistent follow-up with all prospects.
- Present space to prospective tenants and work on a team basis with other members of the leasing team to provide assistance and back-up for leasing at other properties
- Provide input into the appropriate merchandising strategies to keep projects relevant and identify up and coming trends/tenants to target.
- Develop and maintain through market knowledge the property’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Develop and maintain relationships with outside brokers and tenants that are active in the relevant submarkets
- Understand and provide input to Asset Management on budget info related to leasing for assigned properties, including tenant allowances, operating expenses, projected income, timeframes for lease up, etc…
- Review property reports on a monthly basis for accuracy. Investigate and resolve discrepancies as needed
- Work with property management to track all knowledge of the properties and each tenant’s performance and likelihood to live out the terms of their lease or renew
- Maintain current market information related to the competition and market surrounding the assigned properties
- Negotiate and draft Letters of Intents and other documents as required and assist in lease negotiations
- Analyze deals as they compare to the market and said assets budget
- Prepare leasing status reports, lease summaries and other periodic reports, which may be required to monitor status of the existing and prospective tenants
- Attend meeting and events associated with the real estate industry for purposes of networking with brokers, owners, tenants, etc….
- Work with other internal divisions to ensure that we exceed the expectations of our tenants from the execution of the lease through the occupancy of the space.
- Keep current on retail trends to ensure targeted tenants are relevant in today’s environment
- An assertive self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a key member of a team
- Have thorough knowledge of retail real estate principles and key terms of a lease
- Must be proactive and forward thinking in the execution of duties with strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be detail oriented with exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong communication and people skills, both internally and externally
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or higher