Discover the many exciting opportunities available to you at Peterson Companies, an industry leader and an equal opportunity employer.
A Culture That Feels Like Family
Collaborative. Respectful. Supportive. Dynamic. For over the past 50 years, Peterson Companies has created an environment where individuals experience tremendous opportunities to do their best work. It’s no wonder people work with us for the better part of their careers. Peterson Companies fuels employees’ passion to excel, and provides a clear path to success.
Working at Peterson Companies, you enjoy a variety of benefits and incentives designed to address the practical needs of you and your family. As an essential part of your full compensation package, these benefits are focused on what matters most to you. Along with the standard benefits you find at most companies, we offer more.
- Company Paid Holiday Break (Peterson Companies closes for the period after Christmas Day until New Year’s Day)
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Access to Corporate Fitness Center
- Annual Employee Awards
- Corporate Events & Parties
- Ticket Raffles to Sporting & Entertainment Events
Because of the volume of resumes we receive, we are not able to confirm receipt or give updates on the hiring process. Please continue to check this website for updates. Once the position is filled, it will be removed from this website.
The Senior Vice President – Finance (“SVPF”) is a key member of the senior management team at Peterson Companies, reporting to Chief Operating Officer. SVPF will have primary responsibility for planning, negotiating, closing and managing debt and third party equity for the Company. SVPF will work collaboratively with other senior Peterson Companies management, including the CEO, Executive Committee, division presidents, Legal, Accounting, Tax and Asset and Property Management personnel. SVPF will take a hands-on approach in completing his/her responsibilities.
Overall responsibility for managing the debt of Peterson Company entities, properties and projects, including:
- Oversee and manage the entire process of obtaining debt for all company projects from seeking competitive loans, negotiating loan terms and documents and closing the loan. Understand the Company’s properties to be able to properly strategize about the best execution of each new loan and to determine best pool of potential lenders.
- Coordinate the process with Legal (in-house and/or outside counsel) and Accounting and others on the project team to ensure a smooth flow of project information, budgets, leasing status, etc. to and from the lenders.
- Ensure that appropriate team members are aware of the terms, conditions, covenants, reporting requirements, etc. of loans so that the Company remains in compliance with loan documents.
- Set and manage goals for maintaining a diversified debt portfolio; manage the Company’s risks related to debt – roll-overs, guarantees, fixed vs. variable rate, amortizing vs. interest-only loans, appropriate debt coverage and loan-to-value ratios, etc.
- Coordinate with lenders’ appraisers to ensure that appraisals properly reflect the market value of Company properties in relation to the debt being negotiated.
- Maintain an easily understood summary of important loan information that other team members can use as a resource for information about specific Company loans.
Provide input to Accounting so that most current loan and financing assumptions are incorporated into the Company’s cash forecasts, financial statements and other reporting.
In conjunction with others on Finance Committee, ensure the Company has proper liquidity and diversification of assets to meet its financial obligations and execute its business plans.
Maintain outside relationships to stay current on the debt and equity markets and keep others on the Finance and Investment Committees informed with information to ensure that others understand opportunities and limitations that the Company will face in obtaining capital for its projects and properties.
Maintain a “scorecard” of annual goals and accomplishments as well as longer-term objectives related to the Company’s debt, equity and capital and report and review quarterly with Executive Committee.
Work with Company’s in-house tax professionals to maintain an understanding of important income tax principles related to the Company’s real estate and business plans to ensure that our debt and capital are structured in a tax efficient manner.
- Finance Committee
- Investment Committee
- At least 10 years of experience in leading the sourcing, negotiating and closing various types of debt for real estate properties including banks, CMBS, insurance companies and private placements;
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance with MBA desirable, but other education will be considered with appropriate experience;
- High level understanding of the real estate development and management industry;
- Strong reporting, negotiating, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and work within deadlines;
- High levels of integrity, work ethic and dependability
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with the day to day operation and management of assigned properties, to include preparing budgets, implementing the annual operating plan and supervising vendors and project work. In addition, the APM will be responsible for invoice processing, memo’s and verbal communications with tenants, and various office support activities required to provide first class property management services to all visitors, tenants and ownership.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, business or similar field. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- 1-3 years commercial property management experience.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess or be willing to seek and obtain a Top Secret security clearance, including full scope polygraph.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat. Strong Excel skills are a must.
Typical Duties (this list is not intended to be all inclusive)
- Manage the day to day quality control of assigned properties and conduct routine site inspections. Responsible for maintaining the physical and aesthetic appearance of the properties and associations. Note deficiencies, suggest and implement solutions.
- Inspect the performance of all contracted services; to include communication with hired contractors, review of procedures and ensure work is being performed up to standards.
- Periodical bidding of contracted services to ensure standards, pricing and best practices within industry are always attained.
- Processing invoices and creating purchase orders in Nexus Payables.
- Develop and maintain relationships with tenants and clients. Resolve matters when applicable and inform senior management when items or issues warrant further involvement.
- Assist with collection of tenant project work.
- Assist in planning, preparing and implementing operating budgets for properties and associations.
- Assist in identifying and planning for long term financial goals and objectives.
- Assist in the coordination of tenant build-out and move-ins.
- Assist with others as required on special projects, RFP’s and special events.
- Attend department meetings as needed and report on the status of any problems or projects at assigned properties.
- Attend and participate in identified industry, community and governmental boards, organizations and meetings.
- Assume other responsibilities and duties as may be required.