Discover the many exciting opportunities available to you at Peterson Companies, an industry leader and an equal opportunity employer.
A Culture That Feels Like Family
Collaborative. Respectful. Supportive. Dynamic. For over the past 50 years, Peterson Companies has created an environment where individuals experience tremendous opportunities to do their best work. It’s no wonder people work with us for the better part of their careers. Peterson Companies fuels employees’ passion to excel, provides a clear path to success, and strives for diversity and inclusion in all that we do.
Working at Peterson Companies, you enjoy a variety of benefits and incentives designed to address the practical needs of you and your family. As an essential part of your full compensation package, these benefits are focused on what matters most to you. Along with the standard benefits you find at most companies, we offer more.
- Company Paid Holiday Break (Peterson Companies closes for the period after Christmas Day until New Year’s Day)
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Access to Corporate Fitness Center
- Annual Employee Awards
- Corporate Events & Parties
- Ticket Raffles to Sporting & Entertainment Events
The Peterson Companies is seeking an energetic proven deal maker that thinks like an owner and creates asset value to join its Retail Leasing team. This person is charged with the leasing of retail space on a specified set of retail assets within The Peterson Companies portfolio. He/She must have a thorough understanding of the assets’ markets, maintain relationships with retailers and the broker community and be efficient in canvassing for new tenants, negotiating LOI terms and economics and be successful in closing deals. This person works collaboratively within the Retail Leasing team and with members of the Development, Asset Management, Legal, and Tenant Coordination groups.
Duties – The Retail Senior Leasing Representative’s core duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Develop an in-depth working knowledge of all assigned properties while understanding the goals and objectives of each and implementing the associated leasing guidelines
- Respond promptly to leasing inquiries, obtain information related to prospective tenants, proactively canvass for new tenants, and apply consistent follow-up with all prospects.
- Present space to prospective tenants and work on a team basis with other members of the leasing team to provide assistance and back-up for leasing at other properties
- Provide input into the appropriate merchandising strategies to keep projects relevant and identify up and coming trends/tenants to target.
- Work with Asset Management to develop and maintain through market knowledge the property’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Develop and maintain relationships with outside brokers and tenants that are active in the relevant submarkets
- Understand and provide input to Asset Management on budget info related to leasing for assigned properties, including tenant allowances, operating expenses, projected income, timeframes for lease up, etc…
- Review property reports on a monthly basis for accuracy. Investigate and resolve discrepancies as needed
- Work with property management to track all knowledge of the properties and each tenant’s performance and likelihood to live out the terms of their lease or renew
- Maintain current market information related to the competition and market surrounding the assigned properties
- Negotiate and draft Letters of Intents and other documents as required and assist in lease negotiations
- Analyze deals as they compare to the market and said assets budget
- Prepare leasing status reports, lease summaries and other periodic reports, which may be required to monitor status of the existing and prospective tenants
- Attend meeting and events associated with the real estate industry for purposes of networking with brokers, owners, tenants, etc….
- Keep current on retail trends to ensure targeted tenants are relevant in today’s environment
- An assertive self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a key member of a team
- Have thorough knowledge of retail real estate principles and key terms of a lease
- Must be proactive and forward thinking in the execution of duties with strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be detail oriented with exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong communication and people skills, both internally and externally
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; VTS experience a plus
- Ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Ideal candidate will have seven to ten years’ retail leasing experience
Please respond with letter of interest, current resume, and professional portfolio.Submit Your Resume
Because of the volume of resumes we receive, we are not able to confirm receipt or give updates on the hiring process. Please continue to check this website for updates. Once the position is filled, it will be removed from this website.