Discover the many exciting opportunities available to you at Peterson Companies, an industry leader and an equal opportunity employer.
A Culture That Feels Like Family
Collaborative. Respectful. Supportive. Dynamic. For over the past 50 years, Peterson Companies has created an environment where individuals experience tremendous opportunities to do their best work. It’s no wonder people work with us for the better part of their careers. Peterson Companies fuels employees’ passion to excel, and provides a clear path to success.
Working at Peterson Companies, you enjoy a variety of benefits and incentives designed to address the practical needs of you and your family. As an essential part of your full compensation package, these benefits are focused on what matters most to you. Along with the standard benefits you find at most companies, we offer more.
- Company Paid Holiday Break (Peterson Companies closes for the period after Christmas Day until New Year’s Day)
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Access to Corporate Fitness Center
- Annual Employee Awards
- Corporate Events & Parties
- Ticket Raffles to Sporting & Entertainment Events
Because of the volume of resumes we receive, we are not able to confirm receipt or give updates on the hiring process. Please continue to check this website for updates. Once the position is filled, it will be removed from this website.
The Assistant Property Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with the day to day operation and management of assigned properties, to include preparing budgets, implementing the annual operating plan and supervising vendors and project work. In addition, the APM will be responsible for invoice approving, memo’s and verbal communications with tenants, and various office support activities required to provide first class property management services to all visitors, tenants and ownership.
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, business or similar field. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
• 1-3 years commercial property management experience.
• Must be detail oriented, organized and possess good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess or be willing to seek and obtain a Top Secret security clearance, including full scope polygraph.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat. Strong Excel skills are a must.
Typical Duties (this list is not intended to be all inclusive)
• Manage the day to day quality control of assigned properties and conduct routine site inspections. Responsible for maintaining the physical and aesthetic appearance of the properties and associations. Note deficiencies, suggest and implement solutions.
• Inspect the performance of all contracted services; to include communication with hired contractors, review of procedures and ensure work is being performed up to standards.
• Periodical bidding of contracted services to ensure standards, pricing and best practices within industry are always attained.
• Approving invoices and creating purchase orders in Nexus Payables.
• Develop and maintain relationships with tenants and clients. Resolve matters when applicable and inform senior management when items or issues warrant further involvement.
• Assist with tenant project work.
• Assist in identifying and planning for long term financial goals and objectives.
• Assist in the coordination of tenant build-out and move-ins.
• Assist with others as required on special projects, RFP’s and special events.
• Attend department meetings as needed and report on the status of any problems or projects at assigned properties.
• Attend and participate in identified industry, community and governmental boards, organizations and meetings.
• Assist team with site access coordination, deliveries and visitor access.
• Assist Clients as needed, take calls in Property Manager’s absence and initiate action where appropriate.
• Assist the Property Manager planning, preparing and implementing operating budgets for properties. Prepare and present monthly variance reports and quarterly reforecasts.
• Carry a personal cell phone at all times with TPC email for after hours.
• Assume other responsibilities and duties as may be required.
National Harbor is a community unlike any other. Rising from the banks of the Potomac River, just south of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge in Prince George’s County, Md., National Harbor is a 350-acre mixed use development with eight hotels (including the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center and MGM National Harbor), offices, residential, tree-lined streets with more than 160 shops including Tanger Outlet with 85 premium brands, more than 40 restaurants, iconic attractions such as the Capital Wheel and National Harbor Carousel, and much more. The community provides easy access to Washington, D.C. and Alexandria, Va. and features an array of waterfront activities, events, and spectacular sunsets.
National Harbor’s marketing team is seeking a summer intern to assist with tenant and events support, social media, and other tasks. The ideal candidate will be a team player that is able to communicate effectively, multitask, and have the ability to demonstrate a professional demeanor with all guests and colleagues at the National Harbor. Weekend mornings required. Candidates must also be able to:
- Create content and post to social media
- Update nationalharbor.com in WordPress
- Create social media content
- Attend administrative meetings as related to event planning process
- Assist in events supervision
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed throughout all stages of event planning and execution
- Operation of technical equipment such as sound, films, and computer software as needed
- Perform post event-check to prevent/report damage
- Set-up and strike of equipment up to 25lbs.
- Withstand a variety of climates
- Receive and give direction clearly
- Withstand periods of walking and/or standing
- Work cooperatively with upper level management
- Other duties as assigned by the Marketing Team
- Candidates must have reliable transportation
- Candidates must be punctual
- Monday – Wednesday & Saturday availability; 35 hours per week, plus additional hours when needed. Hours vary by day.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
Applicants should submit a resume/cover letter to Deborah Topcik, Director of Marketing.Submit Your Resume