Discover the many exciting opportunities available to you at Peterson Companies, an industry leader and an equal opportunity employer.
A Culture That Feels Like Family
Collaborative. Respectful. Supportive. Dynamic. For over the past 50 years, Peterson Companies has created an environment where individuals experience tremendous opportunities to do their best work. It’s no wonder people work with us for the better part of their careers. Peterson Companies fuels employees’ passion to excel, and provides a clear path to success.
Working at Peterson Companies, you enjoy a variety of benefits and incentives designed to address the practical needs of you and your family. As an essential part of your full compensation package, these benefits are focused on what matters most to you. Along with the standard benefits you find at most companies, we offer more.
- Company Paid Holiday Break (Peterson Companies closes for the period after Christmas Day until New Year’s Day)
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Access to Corporate Fitness Center
- Annual Employee Awards
- Corporate Events & Parties
- Ticket Raffles to Sporting & Entertainment Events
Because of the volume of resumes we receive, we are not able to confirm receipt or give updates on the hiring process. Please continue to check this website for updates. Once the position is filled, it will be removed from this website.
Reports to: Assistant Vice President of Commercial Property Management
Supports: Assistant Property Manager(s), Property Manager(s), and Technical Manager
The Administrative Assistant works with the Property Management team to support the day to day property management of assigned properties, to include written and verbal communications with tenants and vendors, maintaining and organizing files and records, taking and distributing minutes for weekly meetings, and managing various contracts that support the office. Manage access for vendors, contractors, consultants, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree.
- 2+ years experience in administrative support position, preferably in property management, construction or related field.
- Must be detailed oriented, organized, and possess strong computer skills.
- Must possess or be willing to seek and obtain a Top Secret security clearance, including full scope polygraph.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Perform general office management duties that support the on-site Dulles Discovery management office to include: ordering office and kitchenette supplies and maintaining proper inventory levels; provide support for copiers and IT issues, set up meeting calendar appointments, and assist with filing/organizational needs for the office.
- Assist the team with contract services; two-way radios, cable service, phone internet provider and the coordination of activities of these service contractors and other vendors; communicate as much as required with the respective contractor to ensure that all contracted services are completed in a professional manner and in accordance with contract. Prepare and distribute contracts for signature and executed contracts for records.
- Create and keep supply of signs and marketing materials as needed
- Update contact lists and on-site lanyard contact cards
- Attend department meetings and record meeting minutes. Report on any assigned projects/tasks at meetings.
- Assist others in department as required with special projects, RFP’s, Client Evaluations, Tenant Retention activities, building staff events, etc.
- Assist in the preparation and review of, and attend tenant retention activities. Evaluate their effectiveness with the Property Manager.
- Assume other special activities or responsibilities as may be requested by the Property Managers.
- Perform general administrative duties as assigned, such as, copying, updating/distributing weekly reports and meeting minutes, printing monthly financial reports and annual operating budgets.
- Scan/file documents on common shared drives and Laserfiche, and maintain organization.
- Process invoices and create purchase orders in Nexus Payables.
- Manage various databases: access lists, contract spreadsheets, and renovations updates, etc.
- Assist team with site access coordination, deliveries, and visitor access.
- Carry a personal cell phone with TPC email for after hours
- Serve as the back-up to the Personnel Security Administrator
Please respond with letter of interest, current resume, and professional portfolio.Submit Your Resume