Discover the many exciting opportunities available to you at Peterson Companies, an industry leader and an equal opportunity employer.
A Culture That Feels Like Family
Collaborative. Respectful. Supportive. Dynamic. For over the past 50 years, Peterson Companies has created an environment where individuals experience tremendous opportunities to do their best work. It’s no wonder people work with us for the better part of their careers. Peterson Companies fuels employees’ passion to excel, and provides a clear path to success.
Working at Peterson Companies, you enjoy a variety of benefits and incentives designed to address the practical needs of you and your family. As an essential part of your full compensation package, these benefits are focused on what matters most to you. Along with the standard benefits you find at most companies, we offer more.
- Company Paid Holiday Break (Peterson Companies closes for the period after Christmas Day until New Year’s Day)
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Access to Corporate Fitness Center
- Annual Employee Awards
- Corporate Events & Parties
- Ticket Raffles to Sporting & Entertainment Events
Because of the volume of resumes we receive, we are not able to confirm receipt or give updates on the hiring process. Please continue to check this website for updates. Once the position is filled, it will be removed from this website.
Vice President of Commercial Operations
The Personnel Security Administrator manages the requirements and processes necessary for the initiation and maintenance of security clearances for Peterson Companies’ employees and contractors doing work on secure sites. Primary responsibilities are:
- Review and submit all security clearance documents required for the consideration of the USG granting secret and top secret clearances for Company employees and contractors
- Primary interface with USG on all matters relating to the status, requests, and disposition of clearances and clearance requests
- Notification to all clearance holders of reporting requirements:
- Biannual financial reporting
- Polygraph appointments
- Briefing and debriefs
- Adjudication and background interviews
- Clearance reinvestigations
- USG online testing
- Submittal to USG for any outside activities as required:
- Foreign travel
- Court dates
- Arrests, convictions
- Jury duty
- Outside employment
- Volunteer activities
- Unofficial Contact with a Foreign National
- Submit paperwork to USG for crossovers, cancellations, terminations and badge renewals
- Maintain files and database (MS Access) on all clearances held for employees and contractors
- Maintain knowledge of requirements for clearances by attending regular courses sponsored by the USG
- Enter and/or renew visitors into visitor access system
- Assist with tenant events and staff appreciation luncheons
- Perform property and cleaning inspections
- Special projects as assigned
- Serve as back-up support for Peterson’s government leased properties
- B.S. in related field or comparable experience
- Minimum of 3 years of personnel, security, or HR management
- Strong reporting, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to use discretion when handling sensitive personal information
- High levels of integrity, work ethic and dependability
- Work independently with minimal supervision
Please respond with a letter of interest, current resume, and professional portfolio.Submit Your Resume
The Land Planning Manager assists the company with its land planning efforts for new and existing Mixed-Use, Retail, Residential, and Office developments. Responsibilities include land use and site analyses; conceptual and detailed project layouts, site plans, and visualizations; evaluating and refining land plans prepared by outside architects and engineers; skills with GIS mapping and analysis are desired, but not required.
- Conduct land use, entitlements, and site plan analyses to present feasible solutions within various local jurisdictions; work should be communicated graphically and/or verbally and may require a research and/or demographic component.
- Produce 2D and 3D site plan graphics and renderings that address: Location, Density and Configuration of Uses, Parking, Ingress and Egress, Public Spaces and Service Areas, and Development Tabulation through multiple iterations.
- Work collaboratively with Research, Marketing, and Retail Leasing teams to help inform planned or existing development and leasing efforts and assist with the production of associated graphic and digital content.
- Evaluate and Solve site design issues with planned or existing projects as they arise.
- If GIS skills present, maintain company Land Planning and GIS databases, focusing on the responsible collection, maintenance, use, and archiving of digital databases, reference libraries, folder structures, and other digital assets.
Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Mixed Use, Retail, Residential, and Office standards and concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of Civil, Landscape Architectural, and Architectural standards and concepts.
- Advanced skills with AutoCAD required; advanced skills with SketchUp Pro required; skills with other 2D and 3D CAD software a plus.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, Architecture, or a related field and at least 5+ years of professional experience in site planning and design, including CAD and digital graphic skills. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Must be an assertive self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a key member of a team.
- Must be proactive, strategic, and forward thinking in the execution of duties with strong organization and time management skills.
- Must be detail oriented with exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills for interaction both within the company and with outside interests.
- May be required to perform duties outside of normal work hours and on the weekends.
- Must enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done and having fun with an accomplished and creative team.
Please respond with letter of interest, current resume, and professional portfolio.Submit Your Resume