Discover the many exciting opportunities available to you at Peterson Companies, an industry leader and an equal opportunity employer.
A Culture That Feels Like Family
Collaborative. Respectful. Supportive. Dynamic. For over the past 50 years, Peterson Companies has created an environment where individuals experience tremendous opportunities to do their best work. It’s no wonder people work with us for the better part of their careers. Peterson Companies fuels employees’ passion to excel, and provides a clear path to success.
Working at Peterson Companies, you enjoy a variety of benefits and incentives designed to address the practical needs of you and your family. As an essential part of your full compensation package, these benefits are focused on what matters most to you. Along with the standard benefits you find at most companies, we offer more.
- Company Paid Holiday Break (Peterson Companies closes for the period after Christmas Day until New Year’s Day)
- Professional Training & Development Programs
- Access to Corporate Fitness Center
- Annual Employee Awards
- Corporate Events & Parties
- Ticket Raffles to Sporting & Entertainment Events
Because of the volume of resumes we receive, we are not able to confirm receipt or give updates on the hiring process. Please continue to check this website for updates. Once the position is filled, it will be removed from this website.
The Assistant Manager of Commercial Development is responsible for managing all design, permitting, and construction aspects of assigned projects from feasibility through design and construction, including delivery to the customer and hand-off to property management. The Assistant Manager is to ensure that these activities occur on time, for the least cost, and with the proper level of quality. This position supervises, coordinates, and communicates the activities of engineers, architects, contractors, and utility companies, as well as supports the development project manager and customer representative(s). He or she must identify and respond to customer needs and requirements to ensure project success. The individual must assertively and professionally represent the company and its interests at all times.
- Assist and facilitate lease negotiations, providing technical review and assistance, exhibits, budgets and schedules as required.
Budgeting and Cost Control
- Assist with preparation of accurate and realistic budgets.
- Solicit input from contractors and consultants at an early stage of design.
- During construction, prepare and keep current a monthly Construction Cost Report (“PCO Report”). Ensure that all actual or potential change orders and or claims are reflected.
- Take aggressive and creative action within all design, permitting, and construction activities to minimize total project costs consistent with the objectives of the project and the Project Manager.
- Constantly validate that construction budget is adequate to cover all anticipated expenditures.
- Review and approve consultant & contractor invoices regularly to ensure valid, accurate and verify that all payments due are made on time as required by contracts.
- Prepare or approve tenant improvement allowance, escrow billings, or other billings to customers.
- Meet regularly with project accountant to review job status, questions, invoices, new expenditures, etc. Confirm that the accountant has a complete and accurate cost picture of the project, projected to completion.
- Prepare preliminary schedules for leasing and sales proposals which address design, permitting, construction, and occupancy milestones and flag unusual constraints. Schedules should be professional in appearance (usually in MS Project) and comprehensive but brief…one page is preferred.
- Monitor schedules monthly and keep team members updated.
- Cause contractors to monitor schedule progress and take corrective action when necessary.
Design Phase Activities
- Hire, supervise and coordinate the work of multiple design firms including architect, land planner, civil engineer, and geotechnical engineers, and other specialized consultants as required.
- Arrange geotechnical investigations if required and oversee the drafting of recommendations for feasibility and suitability.
- Review design as it evolves and provide direction to:
Identify and implement cost reductions
Minimize errors or gaps that will cause change orders
Ensure constructability and quality in the completed product
Keep designers work in conformance with our budget
Ensure that designers adhere to project development schedule
- Manage design fees / costs.
- Provide guidance to designers regarding the Owner’s objectives for the project.
- Coordinate/expedite design of work by public utility companies and offsite roads or transportation issues as required by the project.
Permit Phase Activities
- Make or coordinate applications for all site and building permits;
- Follow up on permit review status and address any comments or questions.
- Communicate with plan reviewers and consultants to expedite the permits and obtain permits as required by project schedule.
Construction Contract Administration
- Bid / Negotiate / Award / Administer all contracts in accordance with department and company policy and procedures.
- Know and understand all contractor obligations.
- Chair weekly contractor meetings on site and ensure that meeting minutes are prepared and distributed.
- Inspect the quality and progress of work on a regular basis.
- Accept or reject quality of the work and the performance of the contractor.
- Keep inspectors informed of project status and address any concerns.
- Respond to contractor questions and problems in a timely manner.
- Review and negotiate all change orders.
- Coordinate the work of multiple contractors onsite.
- Educate the contractors and consultants on how their work and contractual obligations relate to our customer’s needs.
- Cause the contractor to keep the site clean, safe, and in conformance with applicable government regulations.
- Review, approve, and process contractor requisitions in a timely manner.
- Assume a ‘tough but fair’ tone in all that we do; regularly and visibly demonstrate appreciation for all vendors.
Public Utility Company Coordination
- Coordinate during project design with all utilities including electric, gas, telephone, CATV, water, storm and sanitary sewer.
- Ensure that utility companies prepare relocation plans, new service routing plans, easements, cost estimates, etc., in a timely manner. Review / Approve / Process all.
- Communicate customer requirements with various utilities frequently during design and construction to ensure each is fully informed with the requirements and schedule of the development.
- Assist customer with applying for utility services.
Public Transportation Agency Coordination
- Coordinate, during project design, public transportation agency issues such as public road access, street improvements, traffic signals (if required).
- Apply for and process permits required for site development.
- Initiate inspections by agencies and complete bond release items.
- Coordinate specific and/or technical requirements and obligations with the customer.
- Keep the customer fully informed of the status of the project with frequent verbal updates and monthly, written construction status reports.
- Assist the customer as they begin to occupy their new facility.
- Ensure that the customer is satisfied with the condition of their facility. Complete punch lists in a timely manner and secure written sign-off of the same.
- Respond to warranty issues.
- Facilitate customer turnover to property management.
- Initiate inspections by various agencies holding bonds.
- Coordinate completion of bond release items.
- Coordinate with the bond administrator, the status of the bond release work and the projected date for completion.
- Organize a regular appreciation luncheon or other appropriate events with contractors and consultants.
- Communicate with neighbors adjacent to the development to keep them informed of the status of the project and address any concerns they may have.
- Maintain the professional reputation and image of the company at all times.
- A Top Secret – SCI Security Clearance is a requirement of this position. It will be necessary to submit required paperwork for Government review and comply with request for interviews and background investigations. Should the Security Clearance not be granted by the US Government, employment may be terminated.
The Retail Property Assistant (PA) works with assigned Property Manager (PM) to assist the manager with the various tasks required in the management of their assigned properties. The PA interacts with Clients (tenants), staff (engineers & porters) and vendors (contractors) and always maintains a professional and helpful attitude. The assistant keeps their assigned managers updated on all activities they are working on and promptly processes all paper work assigned to them.
- 1-3 years of experience working in a professional office, preferably real estate related.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and computer literate.
- Must have ability to work on multiple tasks and re prioritize as necessary.
- Answer phones and greet visitors at management office. Answer questions or direct to appropriate person.
- Assist Tenants as needed. Take calls in manager’s absence and initiate action where appropriate.
- Maintains a log of all tasks, projects and checklists pertaining to the property.
- Assists Manager and Marketing with the coordination of activities.
- Assists Manager with coordination and communication required to complete various building projects.
- Keep office neat and orderly at all times. Orders office and kitchen supplies as needed.
- In-coming and outgoing mail organization.
- Schedule meetings as requested and take meeting minutes.
- Scans documents into Laserfiche (electronic documentation file system) and maintain physical file system.
- As directed by Manager, maintain and update Tenant contact list, email contact groups for property and project contact notes (emergency contact info).
- Write and process vendor contracts and work orders as assigned.
- Draft memos and /or make phone calls to Tenants regarding lease issues, preventative maintenance scheduling, weather alerts, etc.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned: prepare contracts and cover letters, prepare and distribute memos to Tenants, copying and distribution of monthly financial reports, bidding of service contracts, etc.
- Maintain and update master invoice coding sheets with accurate information for reference purposes.
- Process invoices through Nexus System (web based payables system) for approval by manager. This includes:
- Research any past due amounts and note the information on the invoice.
- Working with/negotiating with vendors (accounts payable) when discrepancies are found.
- Converting PDF scan of invoice into Nexus payable format.
- Maintaining additional schedules tracking project costs and outstanding amounts owed.
- Complete internal check requests as needed.
- Create Direct Tenant Billings as needed (invoicing Tenants).
- Maintain, complete and administer the tracking (via Microsoft Excel) of all property utility usage, charges and trends.
Peterson Companies’ designer is a storyteller essential to achieving our goals. This ambitious and highly creative individual is deeply invested in projects from inception to the final product. They demonstrate total focus and commitment to every project—whether the concept springs from a team brainstorming session, a broader vision from department leadership, or their own unique perspectives. They are attentive and have the ability to understand clients’ needs, challenges, and goals, in order to effectively communicate them through creative designs. They will be eager to learn and keen to share.
- Work with team members to create or update print and digital marketing assets including signage, brochures, website and social media graphics, e-blasts, video presentations, and more
- Translating B2B and B2C business goals into smart concepts and highly original design recommendations that strategically drive solutions and align with overall marketing objectives
- Resizing and adapting designs into usable layouts for multiple digital platforms, including social media and digital advertising
- Develop and maintain marketing deliverables, including tenant memos, site maps, directories and presentations
- Adhere to our multiple brand guidelines while leveraging expertise in the latest design software
- Familiar with digital and social media platforms and curating content
Motivated, takes initiative, detail-oriented and organized, ability to handle multiple projects and tight deadlines, strong verbal and written communication skills, attentive listener and takes direction well
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Communication, Graphic Design, or similar.
- 2-3 years of experience in Graphic Design
- Experience developing marketing materials to support sales/marketing/real estate business development is preferred
- Adept in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop), Microsoft Office Suite, and Prezi
- Strong knowledge of current design trends and techniques, experience in commercial real estate is preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Professional appearance in both demeanor and dress