The Property Manager is responsible for the overall operation, maintenance and financial management of a property or group of properties as assigned. This includes insuring that the integrity of the physical plant and equipment as well as the aesthetic appearance of all aspects of the property are maintained in a first class manner. The Property Manager must demonstrate the ability to get things done, to be a team leader and to serve as the coordinator of all property information communicated with the tenant. At all times, the Property Manager should demonstrate a global understanding of the current property issues, future property issues and the ability to prioritize and re-evaluate issues as needed. The property manager also works closely with the property assistant(s), other property managers and project accountants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in property management, engineering, construction, business, or related field (years of experience may be substituted if deemed appropriate).
- 5 - 10 years of experience in property or facilities management or related field.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, analytical, and possess strong customer service and computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and thrive in a team environment.
- Must be willing to seek and obtain a Top Secret security clearance, including full scope polygraph.
- Demonstrate knowledge of building elements and systems to include HVAC, electrical, plumbing, elevator and fire safety systems.
- Prepare scopes of work, purchase orders and contracts for repair projects and annual service contracts; bid, negotiate, and manage vendor contracts, including building engineers, janitorial, landscaping, pest control, security, elevator, etc.
- Perform regular comprehensive property inspections as well as daily/weekly/quarterly inspections as needed.
- Investigate, report, and resolve tenant complaints, building deficiencies and security, insurance, or community related incidents related to property.
- Develop and implement emergency procedures.
- Monitor and respond to on-call issues related to properties.
- Implement budgeted and unbudgeted projects as required and approved.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal requirements including environmental recordkeeping and reporting.
- Assure optimal functioning of property, building and building systems.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance/operations programs.
- Monitor and supervise tenant improvements, renovations and capital improvements.
- Administer insurance requirements (tenant, contractor and landlord) and receipt of Certificates of Insurance.
- Administer billings, policies and claims related to landlord’s insurance.
- Assure proper documentation is received and processed by accounting.
- Become thoroughly familiar with all tenant leases and enforce lease agreements.
- Gather, analyze and prepare information for assigned projects.
- Prepare annual property budget working closely as needed with accounting and other managers.
- Review and approve property expenses.
- Follow budgets with the ability to re-analyze and re-forecast for unanticipated events.
- Understand financial statements to include accrual vs. cash, sequence and purpose of chart of accounts, and how individual line items are derived and booked.
- Preparation of monthly financial reports including research and preparation of monthly variance explanations.
- Understand process and calculation of passthrough charges (to include estimates and true-ups) and supervise billings.
- Establish and maintain lines of communication with tenants.
- Promptly address tenant issues.
- Ensure that landlord and tenant are adhering to the lease.
- Demonstrate ability to follow through and to determine when written correspondence is necessary.
- Develop communications and programs that drive tenant retention.
- Maintain relationships with local government, fire/rescue, police and other local agencies as necessary.
- Maintain relationship with customers and local community groups as necessary.
- Demonstrate ability to be a team player and leader.
- Maintain professional relationship with tenants and vendors.
- Participate in appropriate professional/community and organizations.
- Pursue improvement through education and networking with other industry professionals.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com.